Chief of Staff
Join the team inventing the future of photography.
Narrative is backed by some of the best VC's worldwide to build Machine Learning models which understand photo desirability. After recently launching our beta (Narrative Select) we have thousands of photographers on a waitlist who are eager to get their hands on Select. Our team is due to double in size in the next six months and we are searching for a Chief of Staff to work closely with our leadership team on this journey. You will be joining Narrative on the ground floor. As Chief of Staff, you will work directly with the CEO to support them coordinating and managing essential activities of our company to ensure all business functions efficiently and productively. From day one, the Chief of Staff will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. You must be a creative and results-driven thinker, an excellent problem solver and possess incredible interpersonal skills to effectively manage staff and act as the central contact for all business communications.
- Act as a right hand and trusted advisor to the CEO
- Perfect internal operations and look for ways to optimise all aspects of the company
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries, actioning solutions and developing solutions to reoccurring tasks.
- Oversee, review and optimise the employee experience from hiring, onboarding process, team organisation and culture.
- Build relationships with team members across the company in order to gain insight and maintain team momentum
- Reinforce company culture, community and vision alongside the founders
- Stand-in for the founders when they are unavailable, prepare company events and lead internal staff meetings
- Operate daily office tasks such as payroll and HR related tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a knack for productive collaboration across varying departments
- A detail-oriented, data-driven and results-driven approach to work
- A selfless approach to work allowing others to succeed while working behind the scenes
- Experience leading and directing teams
- Emotional intelligence to lead and an encouraging, can-do attitude
- Impeccable time management and multi-tasking skills
- A strategic mindset and proven experience problem solving hard decisions
- Experience with project coordinating and management
- Self-motivation and self-sufficiency
- Experience in a leadership/management role
- Proven creative thinker with strong business acuity
Nice to have:
- You’ve owned or managed a company
- You’ve worked in an early-stage startup
- Has a passion and interest in photography.