Narrative builds tools for professional photographers. We are a team passionate about solving the needs of photographers and their daily workflow. We currently have our first product in the hands of users and they love it. Our company is moving fast and we are currently growing our team and product line up; the next few years of Narrative are set to be very exciting! By working at Narrative you get to have real impact on thousands of photographers' lives around the world daily. We have investment from some of the worlds best VC's, including US-based Founders Fund. This investment has helped create a strong foundation for the company which we believe will grow Narrative into one of New Zealand's leading saas companies.
We’re looking for an exceptional data scientist to lead and build out core image vision models to power some incredibly exciting product we have in the pipeline. In this role you will be developing models which bring together many disparate areas of research in order to solve a deep and complex set of questions. You naturally gravitate to the latest cutting edge research, and are always looking for new novel algorithms and solutions to the problems we are solving. You care deeply about getting to the root of the problem, you have a first principles approach to problem solving, and relentless in the face of insurmountable challenges. Your work at Narrative will not only contribute to a world class product, but also help define an entire new category in the making. You will report directly to the CTO, and happily interact with any of the engineering, design and product teams. You will distil complex ML speak into clear and articulate descriptions of the problems, constraints, and solutions. If you’re excited about working at an early stage startup and building it from the ground-up, comfortable wearing many hats, and eager to positively impact our company’s ML offering, we’d love to hear from you!
- Writing world-class ML models for image and sentiment inference.
- Work alongside our infrastructure and service teams to help them build smarter data pipelines.
- Work with business and industry professionals to deepen your understanding of core problems faced.
- At least 6 months industry experience.
- Can train production ready models, comfortable with Tensorflow, MX-Net, or similar. (comfortable to pick up any other framework as needed).
- Handy: Have built models around facial recognition, action unit analysis, general sentiment analysis, or similar.
- Handy: Familiar with AWS SageMaker, AWS NEO, and ONNX.