Head of Growth
Updated: 4th November 2019
We’re looking for an exceptional growth marketer to lead and scale our customer acquisition efforts across all paid and non-paid digital channels including SEO/SEM, social, display, affiliate, partnerships, email and more. In this role you’ll set strategies, own execution, analyse performance and inform decisions for how, when, and where to spend our budget. You’ll also proactively identify new online and offline growth channels to test. Your work will enable us to achieve revenue targets, continuously improve KPIs and you’ll have a direct impact on the growth trajectory and success of Narrative. The ideal candidate is highly data-driven with the ability to deliver insights that optimise business performance. This role reports to our CEO. If you’re excited about working at an early stage startup and building from the ground-up, comfortable wearing many hats and eager to positively impact our company’s growth and drive results, we’d love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Define and develop a data-driven, scalable multi-channel marketing strategy to drive growth through channels including, but not limited to SEO/SEM, paid social, display, video, referral, affiliate, email and partnerships.
- Make strategic recommendations on how to spend our marketing budget as well as tactics to optimise channel performance and drive efficient customer acquisition.
- Own and project manage testing of creative, landing pages and audiences to improve conversion and scale campaigns efficiently and also execute testing plans for new/emerging ad formats and channels.
- Help nourish and grow Narrative's community of users both through our Facebook group and amongst the wider photography community.
- Produce content and strategy for Narrative's Marketing Blog that drives traffic and educates our users.
- Oversee Narrative's social media strategy and collaborate with our designers on content and copy.
- Help define and execute our email marketing & retention strategy to increase customer loyalty and revenue growth.
- Develop an efficient email process workflow that enables turnkey execution of email campaigns & programs with a focus on continuous KPI improvement.
- Compile, track, and analyze all digital marketing performance in weekly and monthly business reports, making actionable recommendations to optimise performance.
- Customer retention - Oversees the customer journey working alongside product team to help bridge between product, marketing, and support.
- When needed, own the relationship and collaborate with external agency partners, working to ensure they’re aligned with our overall business strategies and goals and driving results.
- Provide strategic thought leadership and analyses that identify trends and areas of opportunity across channels, and translate data into actionable, recommendations for growth and optimization.
Skills and Qualities we are looking for:
- Is creative an brings an entrepreneurial approach to marketing
- Is an excellent writer, can create content
- Understands the Saas business model as relational (the sale doesn't end at acquisition)
- Is data and performance-driven
- Has a grasp of organic and paid
- Sees opportunities for strategic partnerships
- Thinks in terms of the entire customer journey (not just acquisition but also onboarding, retention, expansion)
- Strategic but also gets shit done
- Capable of advocating for marketing
- Comfortable with chaos
- Insatiably curious and deeply empathetic