Head of Product
Join the team inventing the future of photography.
Narrative is building Machine Learning models which understand photo desirability. We believe, by solving the problem of photo desirability we can change the future of photography. What if your camera knew the perfect moment to capture an image? We are solving this problem today for the professional photographer in our image selection tool and eventually, we plan to bring our AI to the general consumer on device.
After recently launching our beta (Narrative Select) we have thousands of photographers on a waitlist who are eager to get their hands on Select. Come join a team of passionate photographers, designers and developers with proven success in the product space.
We are in the space of category creation and we are looking for someone to lead us in this direction. Narrative is backed by some of the best VC's worldwide and with talent from Uber and Google and some of NZ best developers together working to solve this.
You will be joining Narrative on the ground floor. You will be responsible for our ever-growing set of products, thinking critically about how to deliver the best product possible. You will work closely with engineering, design, and many customer-facing teams, devising key strategy, developing requirements, and managing the execution for the entire product offering. You will have daily conversations with members from every team in Narrative. You will develop, and communicate a core product vision, and obsess over every detail. You will spend large amounts of time talking to customers, understanding their needs, and effectively distilling the essence of the problem and solutions to the broader team. You will interact with core Narrative leadership, working to explore, and clarify the longterm vision for Narrative, and our products. Getting in at the ground floor, you will also be tasked with creating the processes, structures, and mentorship to all product members. In particular, you will lead, grow, nurture, and mentor other Product Managers, striving to become experts in their field. You will advocate for world-class process, tooling, and building cycles across all aspects of Narrative. You will work to share your knowledge, insights, and thought process with everyone, regardless of their team, or role. You will be a constant source of motivation and encouragement for a small but dedicated team, relentlessly chasing the future.
- You will get your head inside photographers from all corners of the industry understanding customer problems to gain insights and lead product decisions.
- You will champion the photographer and deliver value through defining, driving and executing a product roadmap.
- Proactively track and act on customer metrics and north star KPI's associated with Select.
- Build a process for product teams to operate.
- Disperse product vision and build process around this.
- Operationalise what is being worked on daily across engineering and design.
- Constantly refine our existing feature set of all products in the company.
- Prioritise product backlog alongside devs for sprints
- Lead and develop other PM + PO's
We're looking for someone who:
- Has experience managing technical software products from infancy to scale.
- Can internalize an entire cross-functional business and lead a comprehensive product vision.
- Has experience designing or building a multi-product platform.
- Thinks critically from first principles, and is not deterred from the hard questions.
- Has built and led a team of highly-effective product members.
- Is a creative thinker who loves collaborating across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Has exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Is a team player, who understands a team can only win when everyone is winning.
- Has incredible customer empathy.
- Is excited about impacting and changing the lives of photographers and the future of photography.
- Is scrappy, and willing to do what it takes to get it done.
Nice to have:
- Has a passion and interest in photography.