Senior Product Engineer
Join the team building the future of image selection.
Narrative Select is our latest effort to improve the lives of professional photographers. While conceptually this is a simple product, the challenges we face are humongous. Select has to be fast, insanely fast! Select needs to keep pace with the mind of the photographer. Every time the next image glitches, every time it takes a moment to zoom in, every time the photographer has to wait - we have failed. Delivering a polished, speedy, simple experience is not enough for us. We are constantly pushing on the edges of what is possible. We are constantly asking how we can go further. We live and breathe this stuff. We are looking for an exceptional engineer ready to join us in building the future of image selection.
You might work on:
- Collaborating with the Lead Product Engineer and coming up with elegant solutions for hard problems
- Squeezing every drop of performance out of web technologies with tools such as WebGL and WebAssembly.
- Helping your colleagues level up by reviewing code, mentoring and implementing best practices with the applications team.
- Implement pixel perfect UI.
- Working with our Systems team to define requirements and API's for new Select features
- Evolving and contributing to our testing strategy to give us all assurance Select is solid.
- Helping streamline our deployment and testing workflow by extending of CI/CD infrastructure
- Working with our product team to prioritise new features and define the roadmap.
- Collaborate towards the establishment of detailed guidelines and standards for product development processes based on industry best practices and your experience.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has several years of experience and has been around the block. Writing elegant and tested code is second nature to you.
- You’re not tied to any specific part of the stack. You’re happy to jump in where you’re need and level up when required. We’re after a problem solver as opposed to [Insert specific part of the stack here] Developers.
- Has professional experience with modern web technologies such as Typescript, React, Node, Vue, Redux, TailwindCSS, and Saga’s.
- You’ve lead a team in the past and know how to inspire confidence, uphold best practices, and ensure your team is always improving.
Nice to have:
- Have experience with Electron.
- Have worked with applications which deal with Images before
- Have an interest in photography.
About our technology:
Narrative Select is an Electron app build using Web technologies such as React and Typescript. We use Canvas2D and WebGL for the image rendering and transformations. Select’s brain is a speedy wee daemon call Maxwell written in Rust. Maxwell does all the heavy lifting for Select including image processing and ML analysis.