Upgrade to Select Pro
Your current plan
USD a year
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Ship to Lightroom?
With this feature, you can send your selected images directly to Lightroom with a single click. The meta data (ratings) of the image from Narrative Select will appear inside Lightroom.
What is Face Zoom?
You can zoom straight into a face just by tapping the spacebar - making checking your subject’s face super quick. No more dragging around to get to your subject’s face while you’re zoomed into an image!
What are Face Focus Assessments?
Focus Assessments appear below your subject’s faces as a curved line icon. They give you information about how well that person is in focus. A red line means that your subject’s face is out of focus. A yellow line means the focus may be suboptimal so you might want to check if you’re unsure.
What are Eye Assessments?
Eye Assessments appear below your subject’s faces as an ellipse icon. They let you know the state of the subject’s eyes. A red ellipse means that your subject is blinking. A yellow ellipse means your subject may be squinting or have partially closed eyes.
What is the Close-ups Panel?
Put simply, the Close-ups Panel shows you closeup crops of all the faces detected in an image.
The Close-ups Panel sits beside your image while culling, so you can see closeup details and the full picture, at the same time.
There are 3 different modes you can use the Close-ups panel in:
- Face Finder Mode - This automatically detects all the faces within one image and displays them in an easy to view manor for super quick culling. This is great for culling group shots!
- Individual Face Lock Mode - Where you can “lock on” to 1 or more faces and quickly breeze between a series of similar images while keeping your main subject’s face at the center of attention.
- Zoom Lock Mode - Where you can “lock on” to any area within the image - face or no face!
What is Photoshoot Scene Detection?
Narrative Select groups similar images from your shoot into ‘scenes’. This allows you to:
- Navigate quickly between scenes with a single keyboard shortcut
- Cycle through all the images in a single scene helping you to narrow down to the best
- Select an entire scene from your shoot for rating or rejection
What is Individual Face Locking?
You can pick one of your subject’s faces to take over the entire Close-ups panel. This is a great feature for picking the best shot of one person in a busy setting.
What is Distill (Beta)?
Distill is what we call our ‘auto-cull’ feature, which uses cutting edge AI technology to find images in your shoot that you are likely to reject. With a couple of clicks, you can cull up to 25% of your shoot. Distill is our newest feature and is still in Beta, meaning improvements are being actively made to this feature.